We are a group of Christians who meet together in Livonia Michigan to preach the good news of God’s salvation, worship, pray, and study the Bible. Since 1928, we have met as a local church to serve God and witness to the community. Here are a few things you might be interested in knowing about us:
- We are gathered to the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ alone (Matthew 18:20)
- Our building name, ‘Gospel Hall’ is indicative of the priority we give the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We devote every Sunday evening service to preaching the Gospel (Romans 1:16)
- We believe the Bible is God’s Word and is the basis for all our teaching and preaching, and the foundation for all of our practices (2Timothy 3:16)
- We are not part of a denomination. We do enjoy fellowship with a large number of churches throughout the world on the basis of a common understanding of the Word of God
- We aim to give Christ His rightful place as Lord, Head, and Chief Shepherd. Spiritual activity such as preaching, teaching, collective prayer and worship, is a shared responsibility
- Church leadership is through a body of elders who are accountable to God, and whose only authority is the Word of God (Acts 20:27)
Stark Road Gospel Hall
9280 Stark Road
- We believe that the Bible is the living, unchanging Word of God. Every word is inspired by God. It is completely relevant and reliable and is sufficient to meet all our spiritual needs. 2 Tim 3:16
- We believe that Jesus Christ is God and that He became a man in order to die on the cross as a substitute for sinners. John 1:1,14,29
- He rose from the dead three days later, and today He is in Heaven at the Father’s right hand. 1Cor 15:3-4; Heb 1:3
- We believe that mankind is born with a sinful nature. Our sin separates us from God and renders us helpless to save ourselves. Only through the death of Christ can we be cleansed and forgiven. Rom 3:23-24; Rom 5:6,19
- We believe that salvation is by grace through faith. Eternal life is found exclusively in the person and sacrificial death of Jesus Christ. Salvation can only be obtained by personally receiving Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. Eph 2:8-9; Rom 10:9
- We believe that Heaven is the eternal home of the saved and that Hell is the destiny of the lost. John 14:1-3; John 8:21; Luke 16:19-31
The Lord’s Supper - Sunday 9:30 am to 11:00 am
Following the teaching of the Lord and the example of the Apostles, we meet weekly to remember the Lord Jesus and His death. The first hour of the meeting is for worship and congregational singing. Without prearrangement, the meeting is open for men in church fellowship to stand and lead the congregation in praise and worship of Christ for His person and work at the cross.
The worship is followed by the taking of the bread and wine by members of the church. (Please note that taking bread and wine is limited to members of the fellowship.) All are most welcome to witness the church carry out this important ordinance that the Lord Jesus himself commanded.
A brief Bible message and announcements of future activities conclude the meeting. Coffee and refreshments are served on the lower level from 11:00 am to 11:30 am.
Sunday School - 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
Bible Teaching Hour - Sunday 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
The Gospel Meeting - Sunday 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
At the gospel meeting, held in the main auditorium, two men speak from a variety of Bible texts. After a time of congregational singing, they present a clear message about God’s way of salvation.
In this meeting, we emphasize the Bible’s call to repent from sin and personally accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord. And since this is an individual matter, no “altar calls” are ever held; personal conversation, however, is always available should you desire it.
Prayer Meeting & Bible Study - Wednesday 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
You and your family are cordially invited to attend our services.
Please call us at (734)-956-2715 or use the contact form below.